I’ve enjoyed watching several of Chef AJ’s videos on her various recipes and the whole food plant based diet. Here are some of her best recipes that make you thin.
She has lost over 50 pounds while eating large portions. Here are some takeaways from the video.
- Eat 2 pounds of cooked green vegetables a day. This has very few calories and will help to fill you up and give your body lots of good nutrients.
- Eliminate meat, dairy, salt, and oil from your diet
- Center the rest of your diet on starch plus veggies or fruit.
- It’s easy to prepare in advance or get at a salad bar.
- For a quick option, buy a steamed brown rice/streamed veggie bowl.
- Another easy option is cook up potatoes and fill them with beans, veggies, etc.
Chef AJ has several videos on YouTube. Here is an excellent one for Holiday Meal ideas:
Eating a large salad is also a great idea. AJ mentions eating 2 pounds of steamed green veggies, but also eating a large salad with a homemade dressing is just as beneficial.
Here’s a Cranberry Relish that can also good by itself.
In addition to good food, it’s helpful to add exercise into your day. But, you cannot exercise your way out of a bad diet. The food you consume should be the main focus of a healthy lifestyle.