There are many rebounding benefits. This is one of my favorite forms of exercise. You can get a great workout in only 10 - 15 minutes.
Research Behind A Rebounder
- 1979 - Journal of Applied Physiology reported that biochemical stimuli are greater with jumping on a trampoline than running.
- 1980 - NASA found there was no undue stress on the body with rebounding, and oxygen consumption with rebounding was twice as efficient as treadmill running.
- 10 minutes of rebounding is the equivalent of 30 minutes of jogging.
- Recent geriatric studies show balance and coordination of Seniors greatly improved with rebounding.
How Rebounding Works
- At the top of a bounce, you are weightless.
- At the bottom, the G Force is doubled which causes stress on every one of your cells to promote change.
- The 75 trillion cells in your body flex approximately 100 times per minute. Every cell in your body is getting a workout!
- Increases the excretion of cellular toxins in your body.
- Protects against cellular degeneration which helps prevent degenerative diseases.
- Helps move the lymphatic system. It's a great way to detoxify.
- Increases muscle tone and coordination.
- Increases balance, at any age.
- Decreases appearance of cellulite.
- Strengthens your muscles.
- Helps with Osteoporosis because there is a low level of trauma to the muscular-skeletal system and also an increase in mineralization and blood flow to the cells of your bones.
- Reduces stress.
- Helps with sleep
- Helps improve your mood.
The best rebounders have a 'soft' bounce. Of the best, there are spring rebounders and bungee cord rebounders. I own both kinds. My favorite is the bungee rebounder because they are so quiet.
There are several models but I really like the middle model. The legs are arched, which gives it a lot of stabilty. Here's the one I have:
I also got the Handle Bar Accesory. There are 2 options. The one that replaces 2 of the legs is just awful. It's cheaper, but I couldn't get it fit and ended up returning it. The quick-release one is much easier to attach and also easy to take off if you want to.